If you live in La Quinta, California or any other desert city, you know how difficult it is to maintain a lush green backyard full of natural grass. The perpetually hot climate means that the grass dries and dies fast, and irrigation can be a challenge. The ideal solution here is to resort to artificial turf, which requires no watering and is not affected by hot weather. But is fake grass really ideal in this scenario? Let’s take a look at some pros and cons of using artificial turf in your yard.
Pros of Artificial Grass
1. No Watering Required – Fake grass does not need water for growth. This saves time and money. You do not have to spend hours every week on lawn care.
2. Durable – Artificial grass is long lasting and will last for years without fading. It also withstands extreme heat and cold, making it perfect for outdoor use.
3. Easy Maintenance – With fake grass, there are no weeds, no mowing, and no fertilizing. All you need to do is sweep up debris and water when necessary.
4. Low Cost – Fake grass is much cheaper than real grass. It is also easy to install and comes with many different styles and sizes.
5. Versatile – Artificial grass is versatile and can be used indoors as well as outdoors. It can even be used in areas where pets or children play.
6. Eco-Friendly – Fake grass uses less energy than real grass. It does not require fertilizer or pesticides and is biodegradable.
7. Looks Great – Fake grass looks great and blends perfectly into any home décor style. It also adds value to your property.
The only con of artificial grass is that it is initially more expensive to install than natural grass. But keep in mind that this is the cost of initial installation. Once the artificial turf is installed, it will pay for itself over time due to the savings you’ll incur as a result of not needing irrigation and regular replacement. The only thing you have to consider is that you need to get it installed by qualified professionals like Desert Artificial Grass. Contact us now to get a FREE estimate!